I'm taking the train to DC! That's right, I just booked an Amtrak ticket to the nation's capitol for this weekend, which is fall break (I have Mon and Tues off.) I'll be my first visit to Washington! The ride is about 13.5 hours, but it'll be overnight both ways---8:30 PM Fri - 10:00 AM Sat, and 6:30 PM Mon - 8:00 AM Tues. Hopefully I'll be able to sleep in my reserved seat, but if not, I can at least get some homework done, and maybe see some scenery during the light hours. :-)
The plan is to meet up with my friend Danny Hayman (from CMS XC), who has been doing Teach for America in NYC, but has Monday off, and wanted to go to DC this weekend, anyway. He has some friends living there (the Fantasy Congress guys - here's some press) who we can crash with. Not sure what exactly we'll do, but I don't think we'll run out of activities.
A question I've been contemplating recently is: am I going on enough vacations this year? Well, let's see. Here's what I have under my belt so far, and what I have planned in the next few months:
December 2005 - Southern CA with Tim
January 2006 - Chicago, IL with Mom and Dad
March 2006 - Grand Canyon, Zion, Bryce Canyon NPs, and Tempe, AZ with Heather and friends
May 2006 - Northern CA, Yosemite NP with Heather
July 2006 - Ouray, CO with Kern family
July 2006 - Wisconsin with Heather
Aug 2006 - Indiana, Atlanta, Kentucky with Heather and assorted family along the way
Aug 2006 - Aspen, CO with family and Heather
Oct 2006 - Washington, DC with Danny
Oct 2006 - (maybe) Claremont, CA to watch cross country conference championships
Nov 2006 - Thanksgiving in Indiana with family
December 2006 - Argentina (Buenos Aires, Iguazu Falls, Córdoba, Patagonia) with Heather
January 2007 - Telluride, CO, with the Schalliol family
July 2007 - River Erne, Ireland with Chenette family
Hmm…this semester looks pretty good, but the Spring semester is still a little sparse. Tim, any chance you want to go backpacking in the Appalachians for spring break? :-)
Tuesday, October 02, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
how about visiting me in Turkey :)
Claire
I don't think I can compete with Claire's offer, but if our breaks line up, I'm totally up for the Apps.
Post a Comment