Friday, April 20, 2007

Southern California in April?!

Apparently, Los Angeles is on track for one of the driest years in history. But today it rained--nothing torrential, but it came on and off throughout the day. Of course, rain in the valley usually means snow in the mountains…so as I left my photography class this afternoon, I looked up and saw that someone had made a West Haven cake out of the San Gabriels--with a liberal dose of powdered sugar.

On the spur of the moment, Heather got out of her Clinic work session and we took a 1.5-hour adventure up Mt Baldy road. As we climbed higher and higher, the views grew increasingly astounding--it was as if we were driving into a different world! The mixture of snow, evergreens, fog, and mountains was stunningly beautiful. What a wonderful escape!







1 comment:

Tim said...

Wow, Nate, those pictures are really stunning. I'm jealous! In the meantime, don't be too sure my class is that amazing--it's hit and miss sometimes!
Looking forward to your graduation,
Tim