Sunday, February 04, 2007

Alumni Track Meet

Today was our first meet of the season, the "104th Annual CMS Alumni Track Meet". And for the 104th time in a row, the alumni won. Now, granted, there is an Alumni Mile event in which only alums can run (and therefore they sweep), the CMS 4x400m teams have to run against alumni 6x(200 or 400) teams, and there's a Munchkin 50m dash whose winners undoubtedly add to the alumni score…not to mention the fact that HMC, CMC, and Scripps are only 50, 60, and 80 years old respectively…but still, we were once again humiliated by our olders and betters.

I ran the 1000m loop and the 2 mile, and I also ran a leg of the 4x400 just for fun with my fellow 1500m crew. Best for me was the 1000 loop, which I did surprisingly well in, finishing 10th out of about 25 with a 2:26 or so (note: the distance must be actually less than 1000m, because I definitely can't go that fast.) The 2-mile was just tiring, and I finished with a 10:50--not bad, but a little off my goal of 10:30. The 4x4 was the next event after the 2-mile, so it was pretty amazing that my team (all of whom had also run the 1000, and had just finished the 2mi) were able to push it pretty well.

No comments: